Rainbow Rowell: YALLFest Interview

The author interviews continue!

So, if y'all don't know about this amazing festival yet, please get on board. I have gone for the past 2 years (as long as it's been in existence) and it is the most fun I have in a day! The growth from the 1st year to the 2nd was phenomenal! I can only imagine what this 3rd year will be.

Check out yallfest.org or @YALLFest for more information!

Today's interview continues with...
RAINBOW ROWELL!!! *fangirl squeeeeeaaaal*
Photo borrowed from http://rainbowrowell.com/blog/
What one thing do you need to have when you write?
Lip balm.
Describe your book in 5 words.
FANGIRL - Earnest, snowy, swoony, minty, bookish.
What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
THE FIRST! The whole first page is a nightmare. I want people to just skip it. And I always end up rewriting it.
Best writing tip you ever received?
“Just finish your book.”
What one young adult novel do you wish you had when you were a teen? Why?
Homecoming by Cynthia Voigt. I think it would have made me feel less alone.
Where's your favorite place to write?
At coffee shops. In giant overstuffed chairs.
What are you working on now?
I’m revising my adult novel, Landline, which comes out in spring 2014, and playing with a romantic/political/tragicomic fantasy.
What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
I write mostly contemporary. I read mostly fantasy.
At what point in the development of an idea do you know that it will become a full-length novel?
All of my ideas are full-length novels. I have a hard time narrowing my scope.
So, you're going to meet us in Charleston now, right? Right?!?! :) Ahhh, I love Rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment